Welcome to Signmax.us Forum
WinPCSIGN BASIC - PRO Welcome to Signmax.us Forum

<  Vinyl Cutter sign making   ~  Cutter cuts across sign at the end of cut

Bunkhouse
Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:52 pm Reply with quote
I'm using WinPC SignPro 14... My 30" cutter ( I don't know what brand it really is..Redsail?) is cutting at the end of the very last cut acroos the image or text that was just cut. It scrolls to the start point and then back to the last point cut sometimes. Can anyone help.. I can't even cut simple text. There have been only 4 small signs cut with this machine .
Pierre
Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 24 Jan 2006 Posts: 151 Location: Montreal
The setting of the cutter blade is important, have very little protuding from the holder, usually 0.25mm to 0.5mm is enough and the pressure should be correct - just giving a kiss cut and not cutting into the backing, to much blade and to high a pressure will both cause edges to come up.
Chuck12563
Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:38 pm Reply with quote
I've had this problem also. After everything has been cut, the cutter then makes a big diagonal cut all the way across the graphic.

I have found it to be caused by grouped items and stray points. Please note that I do not create anything in WinPCSign, I create everything in Illustrator and import into WinPCSign.

The solution is a 2-part one. First look for and delete any stray points in your file and delete them. The second part is to remove any clipping masks and compound paths (if you are using a program like illustrator) or in WinPCSign itself, select everything and "Break All" groups. All of your characters and compound shapes will "fill-in" on the screen, but they will cut correctly.
jackie
Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:40 pm Reply with quote
i am getting this cut at the end also, it goes right through what has been previously cut, destroying it, I am just using a simple font that comes with the software, nothing fancy??any suggestions??
jackie
Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:46 pm Reply with quote
i am getting this cut at the end also, it goes right through what has been previously cut, destroying it, I am just using a simple font that comes with the software, nothing fancy??any suggestions??
kittyhawk
Posted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:34 pm Reply with quote
I have Winpcsign Pro version 2007. I was told it was from speed, static or usb/serial adapter but I'm thinking Chuck is onto something. I just don't understand everything that's said.
salisha
Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:52 am Reply with quote
Chuck is exactly right..It has to do with the speed of the message getting to the cutter..one is faster than the other. I personally just automatically take these steps everytime before I cut. select everything, break all, and hit alt P several times. Once would probably do but I want to be extra sure after all the expensive thermoflex I wasted. I also convert all text to path and then hit alt p..this seems to work. AND if I happen to forget..my cutter makes a destinct sound and I know its about to do the big cut through...so if i'm quick i hit pause and wait a few minutes and resume and save the job! Hope this helps..PS I try to not understand it in depth but just do what works...lol