Welcome to Signmax.us Forum
WinPCSIGN BASIC - PRO Welcome to Signmax.us Forum

<  Vinyl Cutter sign making   ~  Another Pcut problem

ceb5
Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:25 pm Reply with quote
I've got one of the creation 630 cutters and need some help. This machine worked fine untill the hard drive on the computer we were using crashed. After replacing the drive and reloading Windows XP with service pack 2 and all updates it no longer works. I have double checked the port to make sure the settings are right, I've got the right port number, I upgraded the software(Win PCSIGN LETTER 12),hooked up with same serial cable, checked port settings in the bios and under settings/Plotter codes have added PCUT CNT630-9600 baud rate-com2. Whenever I try to cut anything the program hangs, I use the End Now and it closes the program. Does anyone have any ideas that I havn"t tried? It would be greatly appreciated.
ceb5
Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:39 pm Reply with quote
I wish someone would give me some advice on this.I'am not trying to lay a sob story on anyone but I'am a 60 year old 100% disabled vet and almost impossible to live on my VA check. I use this cutter to make small signs to help out my income, its very important to me to get it to work again, no way I can afford another one.
Ram Vinyl Graphics
Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:36 pm Reply with quote
It's hard to get an answer on this forum ...

But I will try for you .

Was it an electrical spike that cause the crash of your hard drive ?
Electricity is not your cutters best friend.

Other options

Try a new Printer cable
Try the download update page for Letter 12 ( There is an update)
I used it before I Upgraded to 14 pro Sad

Sometimes service pack 2 can make your computer run a little odd
I had to look on the web page For downloads for a Bios Update for My Computers Manufacturer.

If you have a home built Computer go to your Motherboards update pages and see if there are Bios updates.

To eliminate the cutter , Look and see if theres a mode on the cutter for a test Cut/Print without use of your computer
(check your manual if you have one)
To check your port..
Plug your home printer into that port and see if it prints a picture from whatever know good printing program you have ..even directly from windows..

If your Port checks out good...Cutter Good ,,Update WinPc Letter ..
Still think its the software try to download WinPc Trial program on the front page of Download section ..

Try that program for the 30 days I beleive they give you ..
If it works for you then you know it's your software and will need to make a decision on your own to Up grade..

I hope one of these things helps you out ..

Rick
RamVinylGraphics@msn.com