Welcome to Signmax.us Forum
WinPCSIGN BASIC - PRO Welcome to Signmax.us Forum

<  Vinyl Cutter sign making   ~  "Waiting" forever for PCut CT 630 to cut.

Conn_45
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:08 am Reply with quote
Sad
We recently purchased the PCut CT 630 and after following every direction given to us, we could not get the cutter to cut. We followed all the troubleshooting ideas at www.signmax.us with no luck we contacted Sign Max who gave another idea to try, unfortuanetly we had no luck there either. This is what happens: Occasionally when we click "cut" the moveable element on the cutter moves from one side all the way to the other until it touches the switch and shuts itself down. The rest of the time, the cutter LCD screen switches from "On Line" to "Waiting" and then the computer freezes up and I have to do Ctrl+Alt+Delete and shut the whole program down. I then have to manually power down the cutter. This seems to be happening more frequently. I have switched this cutter to 2 different computers and have had the same results so I'm assuming that it is not the computer, but instead somewhere in the cutter. Most cutters that I have seen have software that you install on your computer for your computer to recognize the cutter. From what we have heard this cutter/plotter does not require any software. Please let me know if you have any ideas as to fixing this inconvienent problem. Thank you!
kenb
Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:13 am Reply with quote
What version of WinPC Sign are you using?
I have the identical machine with letter 12.
I've been using this combo almost 2 years now.
Just today, I'm getting the same problem as you. It's a simple text file but with an outline.
I'm right in the middle of a truck decal job and all of a sudden the blade slides all the way over to the left and..thats it. Have to turn off machine. Manually slide the cut head away from the switch, then restart. This frees up the software. But when I re-try same thing happens.
Of course, this would happen when I'm using some expensive vinyl ( Avery Ultra-Metallic). I fear I must re-do the whole file and eat the cost of the wasted material. BTW, the font is Babylon and it was acting wierd all the way thru this job. I dunno, WinPC letter 12 has something against it?
Good luck...Ken
Pierre
Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:32 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 24 Jan 2006 Posts: 151 Location: Montreal
Please update your software
kenb
Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:20 am Reply with quote
Hi Pierre.
When was the last update released?. I did do one update, I forget when exactly, over a year ago. Is there a new one?
Thanks...Ken
Pierre
Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 24 Jan 2006 Posts: 151 Location: Montreal
While it might not be common knowledge, static electricity buildup can lead to a plotter/cutter’s early demise.That static electricity is one of the main causes of plotter/cutter failure. “We usually see a significant increase in repairs during the winter months here in the Northeast when the air is dry,” he says, adding that a humidifier or a can of antistatic spray can help alleviate static buildup.